Have you heard about 3D pens before and wondered what they are? Well, these pens have evolved over the years, and they are gaining traction really quickly. But then, not many people understand what exactly we mean by 3D pens and how they have evolved in recent years.
This article is the ultimate guide to the innovation of 3D pens. It will explore everything you need to know about these pens, especially how to use them. It will also look into the benefits of 3D pens for kids. Read to the end for everything you need to know about these pens.
Let’s get started.
What Are 3D Pens?
The first step will be to explore what we mean by 3D pens. Well, 3D pens are hand-held devices that are in the shape of marker pens. They have the ability to print fine lines using thermoplastics like polylactic acid or acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, which are mainly used for prototyping.
These pens do not rely on computers or any kind of software. They print in 3D dimensions by melting environmentally friendly plastics. Heat oozes from the pointy side of the pen, allowing the plastic to melt. Then, you can use the 3D pen to draw anything that you imagine.
The evolution of 3D pens has greatly impacted their use. You might have thought that technical skills are important when it comes to creating art pieces. Well, that’s now in the past, thanks to 3D pens. Today, you can create art pieces without any technical skills.
The ease of using 3D pens has increased their potential user base. This has made it easy to ensure that children and even professional artists can create graphics effortlessly. Thus, you can help your kid start learning to draw 3D structures by acquiring a 3D pen for them.
You only need to find the best 3D pen for your kid. Factors like age and personal preference help parents get the best 3D pen for kids. You can narrow your search to the best 3D pen for 10-year-olds. Or, you can even consider choosing the type of 3D pen that your kid prefers.
3D Pens: How to Use Them
Buying a 3D pen without an idea of how it works might not help. It should all start by knowing how these pens work and how you or your kid can use them. This section will help you learn how to make the most of 3D pens. Read it to the end before buying a 3D pen for your kid.
Here’s what you should know:
Well, 3D pens work in a very easy way. Before getting into how you can use them, we need to list some of the key components of these pens. They include:
- A power jack
- A nozzle
- An indicator light
- A speed change button
- A plastic insert port
- A reverse and forward button
The power jack connects the pen to a power supply, and the nozzle extrudes melted plastic while the indicator light shows if the filament is warming up. The speed change button helps with adjusting printing speeds, and the plastic insert port is used to insert the filament.
So, what are the steps for using a 3D pen?
- Press the power button to turn the 3D device on.
- Warm up the pen and insert the plastic filament.
- Select your desired printing speed.
- Double click if you need a continuous flow.
- Unload or reverse the plastic filament when done.
Where Can You Use a 3D Pen?
You may be wondering what applications your 3D pen can be used for.Well, there are numerous ways to use it. As we stated before, both kids and adults can use 3D pens. Below are some of the major applications of 3D pens:
- You can use them to draw 3D models and shapes.
- Creating decorative art and fridge magnets
- Creating first-pass renderings of construction projects by architectural engineers
- Repairing and welding different objects together
- Doctors use them to develop the art of complex body organs.
- Making custom characters that can be used for marketing.
Those are some of the applications of 3D pens. You may notice that some of these applications are for professionals. As we stated before, kids too can use 3D pens to create drawings for fun. Starting to use 3D pens early will prepare your kids to use them in the future.
How Kids Can Benefit From Using 3D Pens
There’s more to 3D pens besides preparing your kids for future careers in fields like medicine and architecture. It will be vital to know how your kids can benefit from using these pens before buying them. Below are some of the ways kids can benefit from 3D pens.
- Improving creativity: 3D pens can spur creativity in kids, especially if they naturally love art. It will be vital to fuel the massive creative energy in your kids by buying them these pens.
- Developing motor skills: Kids can only develop motor skills by practicing. The focus and hand coordination needed to create art pieces will help them develop these skills easily.
- Act as learning aids: Kids learn a lot when playing, and 3D pens for kids can be great equipment for playing. Kids unleash their imaginations and bring ideas to life with these pens.
- Developing mental skills: Creating 3D art requires a lot of brain engagement. Your kids can develop mental skills by using these pens to create works of art.
- Developing practical skills: There isn’t much theory in how 3D pens work. Most things are learned when using these pens. This practicality can help one develop practical skills.
3D pens have undoubtedly become popular in the world today. Many people find them worth investing in, especially for their kids. This is because of the great benefits that 3D pens for kids can bring. It will help to try and find the best 3D pens for kids if you want to buy them.
Getting the best for your kid will ensure they get maximum value. Also, it will make their learning process more enjoyable because kids don’t need technical skills to use these pens. You can search online or in a store for the best 3D pen for a 10-year-old or for your kid’s exact age.