Creating a business means becoming to: Incorporating a company means becoming
- Do you have devouring ambitions, and are aiming for an IPO?
- Do you have an innovative idea to make your place in the world of startups?
- Do you want to go from being a salaried craftsman to self-employed?
- Are you finishing your law studies and want to set up as a lawyer?
The franchise model can be interesting to benefit from support and the notoriety of an existing network. Business takeover is also an option to consider.
Depending on the nature of your project, you will make the appropriate choices according to the stages: to associate or not? What funding? Micro-enterprise, EI, SCI or SAS? Follow our guide of 7 simple steps to follow whatever your business creation project.
Also, consider that implementing social medias and video platforms will boost your business. TikTok for example, has become one of the best places for marketing and advertising, so if you are planning to start a business buy cheap TikTok likes!
Find an idea and validate the business creation project
The idea sometimes comes before the desire to create a business. And sometimes the path is reversed! Do you want to start a business for all the advantages of becoming independent? You have to find the idea, and the right one. A few tips to help you:
- A traditional activity is reassuring : creating a clothing brand, for example, provides you with security. People will always need to dress themselves, and regularly buy new clothes.
- An innovative activity can bring you dazzling success : developing an application, offering services based on technological innovation… it’s up to you to come up with the idea that will revolutionize digital uses!
- Are you a liberal professional? Why not set up a multidisciplinary practice (psychologists for children and speech therapists, nurses and midwives, lawyers and accountants, etc.), to open up a wider clientele for you?
Obviously, do it according to your skills and your aspirations: are you at home? Find an idea of a possible activity in telework ( web editor, bed and breakfast, open an online store, etc.). Do you have hairdressing training? Offer your home services to save on land. Are you an accountant? Create your firm if you want to leave the workforce.
In any case, the business plan is an essential step before you start. It allows you to study the competition, the feasibility of the project, the associated costs… Essential to avoid unpleasant surprises!
Create your business alone or with partners?
When the idea springs up and is refined by several people, it seems obvious to join forces. But often the business creation project is individual. In this case, should you start alone or take on partners? What are the respective advantages of the 2 options?
|Start your own business||associate|
|Psychological aspect||Success is entirely up to you||You rely on someone: you have less pressure|
|Financial aspect||You don’t share the profits||You can invest more money together|
|Practical aspect||You are master on board: you make the decisions alone||You take holidays more easily!|
Should you start your business alone or join forces?
If so, who to partner with? Beware of associations of pure “pleasure”: associating with friends or family members or creating a business as a couple is not always a good idea, and disagreements can break the bond – beyond jeopardizing your business. Preferably choose complementary partners: bet on skills that you do not have, a solid network of prospects and investors, significant financial capacities…
Depending on your decision, you don’t have the same options when choosing your legal status. Thus, creating a company with partners closes the door to sole proprietorship, while creating a company without partners offers you all the choices (EI or single-person commercial company) . Ditto, you can only benefit from the micro scheme in EI or EURL: the micro-enterprise is therefore impossible for several people.