When you buy that dream bike or scooter or any two-wheeler, it is a huge achievement that you feel. Also, with this purchase, you would need to ensure the safety and condition of your bike. However, it is not possible to keep your bike safe from a single scratch or dent. With such crazy traffic and jams these days and you squeezing through, there are high chances that your bike would suffer from a dent or a scratch with some paint coming off your two-wheeler.
Also, with such high inflation, going to the garage to get it repaired every time it receives a scratch will burn a big hole in your wallet. No wonder how expensive trips to the garage have become!
For this reason, you must get your bike insured, irrespective of anything. In this blog, we will share with you the documents that are required to apply for bike insurance. Before we look at the documents, let’s know the benefits of purchasing bike insurance.
The Benefits of Bike Insurance
There are multiple benefits of bike insurance, such as
- Protects against natural disasters
Having your bike insured will help in protecting you from expenses when your bike has been involved in some natural disaster.
If you have a bike insurance policy, your bike is protected from any accidents in which it is involved. A two wheeler insurance policy will protect you against liabilities during an accident.
- Other benefits
Buying a policy and bike insurance renewal regularly on time will help you in availing discounts like the no-claim bonus. Moreover, NCB is a bonus you earn on making timely payments. You could say that is a benefit insurance providers give for safe driving. Also, when looking for bike insurance renewal, the higher no claim bonus, the lower premium you would have to pay. Buy the best bike insurance with great offers from Future Generali
Now, since we talked about the benefits, let’s move forward and look at the documents required.
The Documents Required to Apply for Bike Insurance
Having an insured bike will let you live in peace, as it will cover all damages and losses during an accident or any other mishap. The two-wheeler insurance company pays you the sum insured as specified in the document. The documents required for bike insurance claims are as follows for different claims and renewals.
Documents for Bike Insurance Policy
The best thing is that a bike insurance policy requires minimal documentation. The documents needed are
Essential document required for bike insurance Policy are
- Proof of Identity: This includes valid identity documents such as your driving license, passport, or any other government-issued identification document with a photograph.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC): This is needed to confirm the ownership of the vehicle being insured and also contains essential details about it.
- Driving License: The license should be valid and issued by the concerned state/national authority.
- Address Proof: This includes documents such as a voter ID card, electricity bill, or any other document that confirms your residential address.
- No Claim Bonus Certificate (if applicable): If you have earned a no-claim bonus, you will be required to submit the certificate for availing its benefits.
- KYC documents: You may also be asked to submit Know Your Customer (KYC) documents such as a passport, PAN card, Aadhaar card, or any other ID proof accepted by the insurer.
Documents for Bike Insurance Renewal
The documents required for bike insurance renewal are minimal, and the process is simple and easy. You just need to make sure that your current bike insurance documents are with you. You will need the following documents for bike insurance renewal
- Personal information
- Driving license
- Registration certificate (RC) and registration number of the vehicle
- Details of the expired/current insurance
Also, when you want to switch the bike renewal insurer, you will need additional documents, such as
- Address proof: Voter ID/Aadhar Card/PAN Card
- ID proof: Voter ID/Aadhar Card/PAN Card
- Passport size photographs
Details to Check After Buying Bike or Two-Wheeler
Once you buy a bike insurance policy, your job is not done. You need to read the policy documents carefully and ensure that the two-wheeler insurances serve its purpose. A few critical things to check after buying your bike are
Details of the vehicle
Make sure that the details of the vehicle are accurate. You must cross-check all details; otherwise, your claims can be rejected in the future if the details do not match.
Error in personal details can be problematic and hence must be avoided at all costs. Ensure that there are no spelling errors.
Policy validity and number
These details connect you and the insurance provider. Similarly, it is essential that you check the validity and number of the policy to stay updated and remember when to renew the policy.
Add-ons and coverage
The policy carries details of the policy coverage. Checking all inclusions and exclusions carefully to ensure things are in order.
Whether you want to purchase or renew a bike insurance plan, you must know everything and all documents needed. It is a hassle-free and straightforward process that does not require a lot of documentation. The documentation mentioned above is minimal, and keeping them handy will get your work done in no time. Also, remember that two-wheeler insurance or bike insurance is necessary, and check the policy before you buy it to be clear about all points.