Bond cleaning, also known as the end of lease cleaning or exit cleaning, is typically required by landlords or property managers when a tenant moves out of a rental property. Bond cleaning always aims to ensure the property is left in the same sit as when the tenant first moved in to meet the lease agreement requirements and receive the full bond refund.
Bond cleaning Melbourne is a common requirement for tenants moving out of rental properties. Here’s everything you need to know about bond cleaning in Melbourne:
What’s included in a bond clean?
A bond clean typically includes a deep cleaning the entire property, including all rooms, bathrooms, kitchens, and outdoor areas. Some specific tasks that may be included in a bond clean are:
- Cleaning of all floors, walls, and ceilings
- Cleaning of all kitchen appliances, including the oven, stovetop, and dishwasher
- Cleaning of all bathroom fixtures, including the toilet, sink, and shower
- Dusting of all surfaces, including windowsills, baseboards, and light fixtures
- Cleaning of all windows, both inside and out
- Vacuuming and mopping all floors
- Removal of any cobwebs
- Cleaning of any outdoor areas, including balconies and patios
It’s important to note that the exact tasks included in a bond clean can vary depending on the requirements of the landlord or property manager.
Why is bond cleaning necessary?
Bond cleaning is necessary because it is typically a requirement of the lease agreement. To receive the full bond refund, tenants must often leave the property in the same condition as when they first moved in. Any damage or excessive wear and tear must be repaired, and the property must be thoroughly cleaned.
In addition, bond cleaning Sydney is essential because it ensures that the property is ready for the next tenant to move in. A clean and well-maintained property is more attractive to prospective tenants, which can help the landlord or property manager quickly find a new tenant and minimize any potential loss of rental income.
How much does bond cleaning cost in Melbourne?
The cost of bond cleaning in Melbourne can vary depending on several factors, including the property size, the specific tasks required, and the cleaning company you choose. Now on average, however, you can expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $600 for a bond clean in Melbourne.
It’s important to note that while the cost of bond cleaning may seem high, it is often a worthwhile investment. Ensuring that the property is thoroughly cleaned and well-maintained can increase your chances of receiving the full bond refund and avoid any potential disputes with the landlord or property manager.
How to choose a bond cleaning company in Melbourne?
When choosing a bond cleaning company in Melbourne, there are a some key factors to consider:
- Reputation: Look for a cleaning company with a good reputation in the industry. Read online reviews and ask for references from previous clients to understand the company’s track record.
- Experience: Look for a company with experience in bond cleaning specifically. This type of cleaning requires specific skills and knowledge, so choosing a company with experience in this area is essential.
- Services offered: Ensure the company offers all the services you need for your bond cleaning requirements. Some companies offer only essential cleaning services, while others offer more comprehensive packages.
- Price: While price shouldn’t be the only factor you consider, choosing a company that offers competitive pricing for its services is essential.
- Insurance: Ensure the cleaning company has proper insurance coverage in case of any accidents or damages during the cleaning process.
Leave a Reply