It would be rather difficult to imagine a healthy strong relationship without intimacy. It is important for any kind of connection between people – friends, relatives, co-workers, lovers, etc. Exactly intimacy lets us create bonds, and interact with each other on different levels. While this notion seems to be very familiar, not everybody fully understands the meaning of intimacy in relationships, signs, and types of closeness. That’s why experts of https://wisedate.org/ decided to share crucial facts so that you can build a full image in your head, and better understand what is going on between you and your partner.
What is Intimacy in a Relationship?
Before getting down to signs of intimacy in a relationship, let’s find out what it actually is. Well, intimacy is the absolute closeness between people that has a direct impact on overall being. You can’t build a strong connection without intimacy which by the way, can be of different types. Sometimes, it is difficult to understand whether your couple has this closeness. Luckily, there are signs that may help you clear up the issue at last.
What are signs of intimacy in a relationship?
So many experts keep saying that closeness is a firm ground for a happy connection, but what does intimacy mean in a relationship? You can find the answers below. These signs tell that you have a strong closeness with your significant other.
- There is trust between you. It goes without saying that trust is one of the most important things in a healthy relationship. If you can share everything with your partner, and do not have to hide something or lie – it means you are really close to each other.
- You accept each other completely. No intimacy in a relationship is when you always have to pretend to be someone else. In the opposite situation, you realize that the partner will love you under any circumstances. When you can be who you are instead of pretending to be someone else means that you have intimacy in a relationship.
- You keep growing together. If you are on the same page with a partner, you have the inspiration and energy to develop yourself. You can’t be at the same point at the beginning of your relationship, and in 5 years, for example. As a result of developing and exchanging available experiences – you keep growing together. Looking back, you will be impressed by how long and fruitful path you took.
- You act as a team. You feel like you are a single team. Neither of you tries to compete and prove your own superiority. Instead, you decide everything together, look for compromises when necessary, and care about your partner’s point of view. There is also no place for hot and cold behavior, as close partners always show their love and care.
- Both of your feel independent. Two people who are close to each other, do not need to limit their partner, control their every step, or prove their own leadership. That’s why, both can feel independent, and do not keep personal borders each time despite what the issue is.
Main Types of Intimacy in a Relationship
Some people mistakenly think that intimacy can be only physical. However, it is far from the truth. There are a few types of closeness between partners that you should be aware of. Here they are:
- Emotional. Of course, it is one of the most important types of closeness between partners. This means that people can share all their feelings and ideas because they feel enough secure in the relationship.
- Spiritual. It is common thing to associate spiritual intimacy with religion topic. Still, it is not referred only to religious practices or beliefs. Experts say that your values and ideas about health and other issues are also included in this term.
- Physical. What intimacy means to a man? Most guys admit exactly physical closeness. While some people keep saying that sex is not the first thing to consider, it plays a significant role in building a healthy relationship
- Intellectual. What are some examples of intimacy in a relationship? It is the ability to exchange opinions and ideas. For instance, you have watched a film, and then you are discussing it. You must not have the same point of view, but you surely are on the same page.
- Experiential. Whether your relationships have just started or gone on for some, experience is what can put you closer to each other. It is referred both to the previous one, and a new one – that you are receiving already together.
When one is wondering “What are the 5 Stages of Intimacy?”, they are more likely to find out exactly these facts as you have read above.
Lack of Affection and Intimacy in a Relationship
When intimacy stops in a relationship, your connection gets at risk of destroying. It means that you are not as close as before. Your couple sees incredible difficulties with trusting each other, discussing important issues, acting like one team, etc. Moreover, you will see the effects of a lack of intimacy in a relationship at once. It is referred to cheating, deceiving, lying, ignoring opinions of each other, etc. Is intimacy important in a relationship? Yes, it is. Without closeness at each of the possible stages, you can’t build a happy and healthy commitment. Thus, you need to find out what to do when intimacy is gone in a relationship.
How to Fix Intimacy Issues in a Relationship?
If you are ready to set for building intimacy in a relationship, then the following tips would be of great help to you. Mind that you won’t be able to change the situation within a few days, especially if you deal with emotional closeness. Still, you should keep calm and move towards your goal. Get inspired with intimacy in a relationship quotes, and practice these recommendations:
- How to spice up intimacy in a relationship? Well, start with a frank conversation with your partner about all your likes and dislikes. Make sure that you are in a comfortable environment when both of you feel well. Encourage your significant other to tell you what should be done to fix your physical closeness.
- Emotional intimacy is what you should work on every day. Start with the simplest things. Develop listening skills, and put aside your gadgets when talking with your partner. Listen to them attentively, and always asks how their day passed. It is also important to talk and listen to each other when doing the same activities. A simple question like” How are you now” or “Is it difficult for you?” will decrease the distance between you.
- If you experience intimacy problems in a relationship in terms of intellectual closeness, then start exchanging interesting posts, videos, and articles. Then, you can exchange your ideas and conclusions. Mind that you may have different points of view on the same things. The idea here is that you communicate and share your visions.
- How to improve intimacy in a relationship if you have problems with experiential closeness? The possibilities are just endless. For example, you can plan a trip to an unfamiliar country, and explore it together. By the way, it is a great way to be one team again, get new experiences, and learn your significant other better.
- In case you want to boost spiritual closeness with your partner, then try to chat about your beliefs and visions. Pay attention that you do not have to talk only about religions. Just pick up questions that will help you discover your partner from another side, and keep studying each other all the time.
Why is Intimacy Important in a Relationship? – Summing – up
Intimacy between partners can be of different types and each of them is crucial. If right at the moment you feel that your couple has some problems with closeness, then mind tips on how to increase physical intimacy in a relationship. Remember that it will take some time, but if you do really care about your connection, then you’d better not ignore available difficulties. Earlier or later, they will come onto the stage, and at that moment your relationship will surely have fewer chances for recovery than it has now.
Leave a Reply