If you are only just deciding to start utilizing SEO, or if you are a business looking to improve the performance of your website and make it easier for potential clients to find it through search engines, then you might have a lot of questions about just how SEO can benefit you and your business.
It can sometimes be hard to find the right answers to your queries, especially on the internet, but if you are ready to learn more about SEO, take a look at the following FAQ to find out exactly what search engine optimization in Melbourne can offer you.
Q. What is SEO?
1. Search Engine Optimization is the practice of obtaining a high rank for your website on search engines to increase its visibility when users search for relevant keywords and queries.
It’s possible to increase the ranking of your website across a range of keywords, and in doing so, you will gain an increase in organic traffic as potential clients search for your relevant keywords. Organic traffic is that which comes from Google’s natural listings, rather than paid ads. Some of the best ways to get your website a higher search engine ranking include:
- Ensure these search engines understand who you are and what you offer.
- Convince them that you are the most credible option for their users.
- Make your content deliverable.
- Ensure your content is the best fit for many relevant queries to capture more audiences
- How does SEO work?
- There are over 200 ranking factors that Google uses to assist the search engine’s algorithms in ranking websites based on the relevancy and authority of their pages. The main goal for search engines is always to recommend the most relevant answer from the most trustworthy source in the most appropriate format for its user.
For your SEO to be successful, you need to ensure that your content is the most relevant result for a specific search query and that your website is seen as a trustworthy source. This will encourage search engines to promote your website higher up on their results pages and in return, get more potential customers visiting your site.
Q. How Long Will It Take to See the Effects of SEO?
- As with most other advertising methods, the more time and focus you put into developing your SEO strategy, the sooner you will start to see the results. With a solid strategy, positive returns can be seen in as little as 3 months, and as you continue to invest in your strategy, you’ll continue to see the effects for years to come.Even moving from a system that provides no organic traffic, you can start seeing results within just one year with a solid SEO strategy but it is important to set realistic expectations depending on the current performance and search engine ranking of the website in question. Understand that you will have to put in a few months of work before you start seeing any results.
2. Should I run Pay Per Click ads as well?
1. Lots of businesses just started their advertising campaign wonder if SEO is enough on its own, or if paid advertising should be used in tandem. Ideally, a combination of both pay-per-click and SEO should be implemented as it is beneficial to balance multiple marketing channels to avoid a reliance on any single source of traffic.
However, if your business is just starting and you don’t have enough in your budget to allocate to paid advertising, it’s a good idea to focus on SEO first and invest in alternate methods when more funds are available.
Q. Should I hire someone to manage my SEO?
A. While it is completely possible to manage your search engine optimization yourself, you will always see the best results if you take the time to hire a digital agency in Australia to help. A search engine optimisation team in Melbourne will be able to monitor the success of your selected keywords and suggest changes where they aren’t getting the best results.
They will also have copywriters available to write additional content for your website targeting your business’s keywords, ensuring that your business is more likely to rank higher in the search engines algorithm. Hiring a professional also means that you will be able to continue focussing on your business instead of spending time managing your SEO.
So if you are looking to increase your customer base, SEO is a surefire way to reach new audiences. It’s a cheaper alternative to paid advertising and if used correctly can see increases in site traffic within just a few months. If you are interested in pursuing SEO, get in touch with a digital agency in Australia and ask how they can help your business start benefiting from the results today.