This type of equipment is used to carry heavy from one point to another in a warehouse, and it has helped many people make their work more manageable when moving heavy from one point to another and mainly in the warehouse. Many people are now moving from forklifts toward this machine because it is less time-consuming, does not need any electric power, and is easier to manage than a forklift. In this article, we will be based on this machine’s advantages and disadvantages. For more durability, we will also be looking at how to maintain this type of machine to maintain its accuracy and working rate.
- Reduce injuries – This machine reduces both mental and physical injuries. This machine does not produce much noise compared to the forklift, hence less mental damage. This type of machine is simple to operate and easy to use; therefore, it also has minimal chances of physical damage to the user.
- Less expensive and also lower maintenance cost – This machine is economical compared to other devices used to lift different types of warehouse. Its initial cost is meager and requires less maintenance, so its maintenance cost is light. This means the input toward the machine is inadequate compared to the output.
- Increased efficiency – This machine is more efficient than a forklift, mainly if the cargo is moved for a short distance. They require much more skills than any higher level education to operate compared to tothe machine. Hence, many people can perform them simultaneously, making them more efficient than other machines.
- Ease of use and versatility – These machines come in different sizes and lengths; hence they are straightforward and effortless to move around. This type of machine can carry up to 1000kg; hence they are very versatile.
- Physical strain – This machine needs physical energy directly. This means there is much mainly straining when the cargo is too heavy to carry around. It also makes people very tiresome and hence may even cause much physical harm to those operating it.
- Weight limitation – Being a physically operated machine, there is some weight that one cannot exceed while using the device. There are different types of these machines; hence, other machines have various limitations.
- Manual operated – This means they are challenging to maneuver. This means it is complicated to work when one needs to transport the cargo from one point to another in sharp bends or corners
- Use the tool correctly. Don’t use the pallet jack to lift too heavy objects.
- Oil regularly. Lubrication helps reduce wear and tear on the movable parts of the machine. This will make the device serve you for a long time.
- Remove trapped air inside the hydraulic pump. The air causes the machine not to function well and can significantly cause injuries.
- Adjust the valve when the tool does not rise or lower the forks.
This pallet jack has more advantages than disadvantages; hence, many warehouse owners are recommended to move to this type of machine. It is also more economical, provided one carries out the maintenance practices described above, improving this machine’s durability.