Medium length hairstyles are the perfect fix for those who want to get rid of some of their lengths without going drastically shorter. Medium length is defined as the “happy medium” between short and long hair. It is usually longer than chin length and ends just past the shoulder blades.
Medium length haircuts are a great solution as they get rid of a lot of the extra, unwanted length that can weigh down your longer tresses. It is still long enough to style in an updo, braid, ponytail, or bun. Mid-length hairstyles offer a ton of versatility for those ladies who are ready for a change. Read on to find out more advantages of mid-length hair.
Pros of Medium Length Haircuts
- You can still pull it back in a ponytail or braid.
- Medium length hair is great for updos and half-up/half-down hairstyles.
- Mid-length cuts are a great way to highlight your facial features.
- If you are thinking of going short but aren’t quite ready to commit, a medium length hairstyle is a great way to see if you are ready for a new look without actually committing to chopping off all of your long locks.
- Medium length styles look great with lots of layers to add volume and texture.
- Medium length cuts look great with or without bangs.
- There are so many hairstyles to choose from for those with medium length hair.
- Medium length cuts grow out much quicker than shorter hairstyles.
- Mid-length tresses are easy to maintain than long hair.
- Curly and wavy styles have more bounce and body with medium length hairstyles than most long haircuts.
- Mid-length styles are flattering on all face shapes
- Medium length hair is great for playing around with color techniques such as ombre fades and balayage hues.
- Shoulder length hair is breezier in the summer but still keeps your neck warm in the winter.
- Mid-length styles do not have to be trimmed as much as shorter haircuts.
- Change is good, and a new haircut can work wonders for your confidence, as well as make you look and feel years younger!
So if you are one of those lucky women who were blessed with naturally curly or wavy hair and you are getting tired of waking up to dull and flat curls, you might want to consider getting a shoulder-length cut. A mid-length style can bring your curls back to life! And think of how much faster your hair will dry when it’s shorter. Sometimes something as simple as taking a few inches off your length can give your hair new life and can renew your self-esteem!
Still not sure if you are ready to go shoulder length? Well, look at our favorite medium length haircuts, and maybe we’ll sway you to take a few inches off your longer tresses!
5 Adorable Medium Length Haircuts
- Poofy Half-Up Wavy Ponytail
Do you want to add more volume to your curly tresses? Try this half-up ponytail. Pull your sides up and tease the front and the ponytail to make it full. Spritz it with hairspray and use a teasing comb to give it added body. And then tease the rest of it as well. You will love how boisterous your waves will feel with this cute style.
And if you are thinking of going blonde, this ombre fade with deep roots and honey and platinum blonde hues is just stunning!
- Choppy Mid Length Wavy Bob with Messy Braid
This blonde balayage with soft brown, honey blonde, and buttery blonde tones is so much fun. Add in a classic a-line lob with choppy layers, and you will have a really fun style that is playful and chic. But the trifecta is the carefree, messy braid at the grown for a Boho chic look that says you don’t take yourself too seriously!
- Faux Hawk Braid with Blonde Beachy Waves
If you want an updo that’s a bit edgier, pull some of your sides and your bangs back into a faux hawk and then make a Dutch or French style braid. If you feel extra creative, try a thicker braid topped with a thinner, more delicate braid like the style shown below. Then spritz some sea salt spray in your hair and tousle it, so it has a playful, romantic vibe. And we love the pretty blonde highlights with darker roots to add texture to this fun and flirty look.
- Caramel Blonde Balayage Choppy Tresses
Choppy layers are a great way to add volume to your wavy locks. And this shoulder-length bob couldn’t be more adorable with its warm caramel brown and cool blonde balayage tones! Ask your stylist to cut shorter layers thought to add more body and texture. The best thing about this style is it is no muss, no fuss! Wake up, apply some volumizing mousse, tousle your tresses and go!
- Buttery Blonde Shoulder Length Bob
The soft, buttery blonde balayage cut is the perfect blend of summer shades of blonde. The darker and lighter shades weave together for the perfect amount of texture and volume. The length and subtle layers give it more body, and the cut is perfect for a summer hairstyle that’s easy to style if you have a bottle of sea salt spray handy!
Are you ready to try one of these adorable medium length haircuts? We think you will love the way it feels, and even more, you’ll love the way you look with your wavy mid-length hairdo!