Property management software has become the go-to tool for many landlords these days.
If you pick the right platform, software can save you so much time, money, and energy on your property manager responsibilities.
Two popular platforms right now are Innago and Avail. But if you’re stuck between these two options, how do you know which one to pick?
In this article, we’ll be covering three reasons why you should go with Innago over Avail.
- Innago Is More Affordable
Avail has a leg up on many platforms in the industry in that it offers a free version. As part of this plan, users have access to digital rent collection, tenant screening tools, state-specific leases, maintenance support, and syndicated listings. With this plan, tenants must pay a $2.50 fee for ACH transfers or a 3.5% fee for credit/debit cards when they make a rental payment. Tenants are also charged an application fee for tenant screening reports, and they can also purchase renters insurance policies directly from the platform.
If you want access to all the features Avail has to offer, which include custom applications, lease templates, and next-day rent payments, you must pay $5 per unit per month. With multiple units, this cost can quickly add up.
When you use Innago, on the other hand, you have access to every feature the platform has to offer without having to pay anything. Like Avail’s free version, your tenants are charged certain fees for add-on services. Even Innago’s tenant fees are lower than Avail’s. The fee for an ACH transfer is $2, and the fee for using a credit or debit card is 2.75%. Tenants are also charged an application fee for screening reports and for renter insurance plans, both of which have varying costs.
To get the full version of Avail, you could end up spending thousands of dollars, whereas with Innago, you’ll never have to spend a penny.
- Innago Has More Features
Equally important to a platform’s price is the quality of its features. If a platform can’t satisfy all of your property management needs, you should probably look elsewhere.
Here’s a list of Avail’s key fey features (across both plans):
- Tenant screening reports (credit, criminal and eviction)
- Custom rental application builder
- Listing syndication
- State-specific lease templates
- Electronic signatures
- Online rent collection (credit card, debit card, ACH)
- Automated payments and reminders
- Maintenance management (ticket tracking and photo uploads)
- Tenant credit reporting
Here’s a list of Innago’s key features:
- Tenant screening reports (credit, criminal, and eviction)
- Custom rental application builder
- Listing syndication on major sites like Zumper, PadMapper, and Realtor.com
- Digital leasing (lease creation tools, electronic signatures, and unlimited Cloud storage)
- Online rent payments (debit card, credit card, and ACH)
- Maintenance management (ticket tracking and photo/video upload)
- Automated reminders, messages, payments, and late fees
- Billing and invoicing
- Financial management
While both platforms offer many of the same features, Innago provides some crucial tools that even the paid plan on Avail doesn’t provide, such as automated late fees, financial management, and billing and invoicing.
- Innago Has Higher Ratings
One of the best ways to compare two different platforms is by reading user reviews on trusted review sites.
- Value for Money – As we discussed earlier in this article, you can’t beat Innago’s affordability. Innago is rated at 5 stars out of 5 for value for money, while Avail earned a 4.6 in this category.
- Features – For the reasons we discussed before, Innago earned a 4.8-star rating for its features compared to Avail’s 4.5.
- Ease of Use – Innago earned a 4.8 for its simplicity, while Avail earned a 4.5. While both platforms receive positive reviews for their user interface, Innago’s are more plentiful.
- Customer Service – Innago received a 4.9 out of 5 for customer service, and Avail received a 4.7. Both offer many of the same resources, such as email and phone support, as well as a help center full of articles and demos, but Innago’s customer service quality is rated more highly.
- Likelihood to Recommend – Overall, 97.0% of Innago users said they’d recommend the platform, while only 87.2% of Avail users said they’d do so.
While both Innago and Avail are well-regarded platforms, there’s a clear winner.
Innago surpasses Avail in every category. You simply cannot beat Innago’s quality at such a low price (i.e., it’s completely free for landlords).
For the best property management results for your business, look no further than Innago.